Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sidetracked, Apothecary's daughter, For women only, Get it ripe



Sidetracked home executives by Pam Young and her sister is funny, interesting and helpful. They suggest a method of housekeeping for those of us who are easily distracted. I haven't tried their method, but it looks like it would work.



The apothecary's daughter by Julie Klassen (finally, a novel!) is a well-written book— kind of a Jane Austen-type story but more about the working class. I was really enjoying it, but ran out of time and had to return it to the library before I had a chance to finish. (I have it on request again.)



For women only by Shaunti C. Feldhahn is VERY enlightening. I really want to ask my husband how much of this is true of him. Shaunti interviewed hundreds of men to find out what they really think and this book is the result.




Get it ripe : a fresh take on vegan cooking & living by Jae Steele has some great, healthy recipes. I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but I do try to cook healthy food and this book has been a great help. You can also read Jae's blog, domestic affair, or find her on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment