Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wealthy

How is it that we are never satisfied? We always want a bigger paycheque, a better car, more stuff. Most of us don't think we are rich, but we have a home, plenty of food, nice clothes and enough money for lots of things that we don't really need. Doesn't rich mean "abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds"? Well? Most of us are. According to most people in the world (click here to see how many live on less than $2 a day), we are filthy rich.

Money isn't everything. In fact, most people who win the lottery are soon more miserable than they were before. I have learned in the last few months that, really, I have enough. We don't need any more money. My husband's salary is plenty; it covers our needs and then some. God has blessed us so much. (I also believe that He has blessed the poorest person in the world, although I don't understand why He allows them to live on so little while I have so much. Maybe so that I will have the opportunity of giving.) God is all we really need; He supplies everything. Psalm 119 verse 72 says, "The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces."

I would love to see your comments on any of my posts. Whether you agree or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment