Thursday, August 13, 2009

Final Justice, Gardening Weekends, Blink, Unbridled Dreams

Final Justice by Marta Perry was the sequel to my last blog post. It
was much the same and the story ended happily ever after. Good for
light reading if you're trying to rest your brain. Which was what I
wanted.


Better Homes & Gardens Gardening Weekends was not really what I was looking for. I was hoping for inspiring pictures and this book had lots of pictures and lots of words, most of which I didn't read, and did not inspire me in the least.

I loved Ted Dekker's book, Blink. It was fast-paced with police chases and stuff and definitely not a brain-rest book. It also goes into what a Muslim woman/wife's life is like. One theme through the book was the question of God's existence and the arguments on both sides were interesting, but kind of assume that God thinks like a human — which He does not! (Isaiah 55:8) I highly recommend this book. My husband (who does not read much fiction) is really enjoying it too.


Unbridled Dreams by Stephanie Grace Whitson is set in the 1800's and is about a girl whose mother wants her to be an accomplished lady but she wants to be a trick rider in a cowboy show. Secrets come out and they find that their dreams aren't quite as opposite as they seemed. This was a nice story and I've passed the book along to my mother; I think she would like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment