Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Simple Country Wisdom

501 old-fashioned ideas to simplify your life

by Susan Waggoner

This lovely book from Country Living has chapters on things like how to clean, cook, decorate and garden with several tips in subcategories within those topics. There are nice photographs on almost every page.

I think this is a great book. The layout is easy to follow, the information is relevant, the pictures are beautiful. I was so inspired, I had to stop reading several times and go clean something. The book I read belongs to the library, but I'd love to have my own copy.

I found three mistakes: on page 46, "its prone to glaring" should be "it's"; on page 108, "Draping them over or chair" should be "over a chair"; and on page 157, "grocery story" should be "grocery store". But it's still a really great book.

1 comment: