Thursday, November 12, 2009

Between Heaven and Ground Zero, Hideaway, Safe Haven, Intervention

Between Heaven and Ground Zero: One Woman's Struggle for Survival and Faith in the Ashes of 9/11 by Leslie Haskin was the moving account of a woman who escaped from the 36th floor of Tower One and her ordeal and healing afterward. It was certainly interesting and I learned things I hadn't known before, but sometimes the writing seemed to jump from one topic to another without warning and there were scripture quotations that didn't seem to fit with the context. I had considered buying this book, but I'm glad I just borrowed it from the library.



Hideaway and Safe Haven by Hannah Alexander were nice light reading. They are medical romance novels set in a small lakeside town. Written by a husband and wife team.







Intervention by Terri Blackstock is about an 18-year-old drug addict who is on her way to rehab when the woman accompanying her is murdered. The girl is abducted and the police and her mother are frantically trying to find her. I enjoyed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment